What supports student engagement.
- A climate where students are encouraged to ask questions.
- When students can relate learning to their own experience.
- Where students have the opportunity to explore topics.
How the Teacher can support engagement.
- Teachers can use a range of strategies that stimulate and motivate and encourage.
- Teachers are enthusiastic about their subject and the achievement of their students.
- The layout of the classroom encourages discussion And collaborative group work.
How the school can support engagement.
- Student views are taken into consideration.
- Opportunities are available for students continue to learn outside of the classroom.
- Planning takes into consideration the students ability and experience.
- Regular evaluation takes place.
- Student views and experiences inform most aspects of school improvement planning.